Geek Social
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Randomness

Go down 
+8
Xander
Ryan
Ben
Hard Gay
Shell
Marshall
Captain Eliyahu
Reprimanded Mandrake
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

Number of posts : 2342
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 725
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Randomness - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 10:27 pm

Oh gosh. I knew something like that once. It started the same way, but instead of bugs it had something to with snow. The room was as white as snow...

gah. I don't remember how it went. D:
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 10:35 pm

Alright, I suppose if that isn't random enough (or perhaps too random) I can try again. Let's see here...I'll try writing about what's going on over here. Well, I just took two finals today: Math and Spanish. I spent several hours studying for the math test, more than I ever wanted to, but less than enough to perfectly understand every concept; it went rather well, but I'm worried about some of my answers. Fortunately, some quick calculator investigative work saved me at least a dozen points (thank you tableset!).

Spanish wasn't too bad, I suppose, once I figured out how to conjugate the future perfect and the past. The trouble was that I was so tired, I started falling asleep at the begining of the test. Literally, for about ten minutes (while we were waiting for the audio tape to start up for the listening portion) I was in serious danger of falling asleep, in my desk, during my final; halfway through the test, I also began to wax philosphical on myself Randomness - Page 33 890263 .

I've got one final tommorrow, one final on thursday, and a paper due by 11:59pm on thursday (two classes, one paper, philosophy and political science). Because of this busy schedule, and fully realizing that I couldn't trust myself, I did not start any new leasure-reading books when I finished "Dragonmaster" a week ago. I've got two 600+ page books on the shelf, begging to be read, but I'm determined not to start until finals are over. (on a related note, I think I've read through all the really good books with dragons in them, these new one's I'm picking up barely seem to hold a candle to the previous ones. That's no representation of the fantasy genre in general, just the dragon-related books; I'm only mildly predispositioned towards those over regular books when given the choice Randomness - Page 33 687543 )

EDIT: By the way, most of the stuff that I end up posting on here is done in relative haste (no proofreading and whatnot) and usually while sleep-deprived; we're not holding this against me are we?
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 10:45 pm

I'm so glad that I don't have any finals this quarter. It's so freaking wicked. I'm actually pretty much done. I just have class Thursday where I'll be meeting with Chris to talk about my paper -gulp-, and then going to Intro to Video and watching everybody's final videos [or so I believe]. I'm so freaking excited for this quarter to be done though. I need a break.

Though from the sounds of it, you really need a break too. Be sure to rest up, and relax. And if you ever get bored with the lack of school, then you do live relatively close to me~

And no, Ryan. None of this will be held against you. -crosses fingers behind back-

:p

Fuck, its cold in here. brrrr. Freaking winter.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 10:53 pm

I agree. It's really cold over here too. I've got a lucky corner room in my dorm, which equates to two windows with two different views instead of one, as well as a small increase in room size over the average room. Unfortunately, the windows that can be opened for a nice breeze in fall or spring also don't block the winter chill very much. The residence hall outside my room has a noticably higher temperature than in my room; as I type this, I can actually feel small wifts of cold air breezeing over my fingers. The radiator works well enough when you put your hand on it to test it (ouch) but it doesn't seem to do enough to keeping the room warm. Furthermore, the pipe for the water supply to power the radiators on the floors above me runs past my bed, literally about six inches from my head when I sleep, and in the middle of the night it can start making clicking noises for no apparent reason (normally its alright, because i'm a heavy sleeper, and I turn a mini-fan on for white noise, but on the nights it does wake me up, it's a real pain).

Sooo, that's more about the topic of cold weather than I'd really wanted to get into. In short: cold, very cold. This snow had better stick around for Christmas or I'm going to be very dissapointed with mother nature.
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 11:03 pm

Oh my gosh. Tape a blanket over the windows or something. Or at the very least, put on a pair of gloves. Randomness - Page 33 890263
I don't have any wind blowing in my room, and yet I"m sitting here in a sweater, flannel pajama pants, and slippers. I was wearing a tank top until I wimped out. haha. Its like 60 degrees in here. brrr. 60 degrees somehow seems so much colder indoors than it does outdoors. Because if it were 60 degrees outside, I'd be just fine. -shrugs-

Would you like me to come beat that water pipe up for you? I'll make it be quiet. lolz. You might have a broken pipe and a soaked bed when I'm done though.

I want the snow to go away. Fast. Today I got my ass owned by the fucking snow. I got off the bus, and tried to hop over the pile of snow on the side of the road onto the sidewalk, and well... I missed. Lol. I ended up slipping and falling into the snow. It was hella cold. But at that point I was more worried about the bag full of frames I was carrying that had hit the ground. And my new clothes. But moreso the frames. The worse that would've happened to the clothes is they could've gotten wet. No big deal. Luckily, the frames are completely in tact. Whew.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 11:14 pm

Well, wind isn't exactly blowing into my room, but the air inside my room hits the cold-paned window and drifts on a normal air current air my room. My computer just happens to be just close enough and just far enough away from the window to be on the barrier between "room temperature" and "Brrrrr!" such that the air displaced by my fingers typing draw the cold air in, generating the feeling of cold air "breezeing" over my finger. Kind of a long and not quite correct way of explaining it, but ya...

I'd put on a pair of gloves, but I left the pair that I was going to bring to college at home. I went to Cabella's when I was last home two weekends ago, and used my gift certificate there from my birthday (i know, long time to wait to use a gift card) to buy myself some boots, a proper hat, and some gloves. The boots and very warm hat made it with my to college, but the glove somehow got stuck in the car. Only two or three mroe days though and I won't have to worry about cold fingers anymore though (as I'll be home and have my gloves, although I doubt I'll need them because home is warm. Well...sometimes...but definately much warmer than here right now.

At present, I'm in standard clothing: shirt, pants, sweater, although I've got two additional sweaters, a coat, a hat, and a light blanket that I could make use of if I started to get cold enough to prompt me to do something about it.

@ snowbank: Lol.

I'm convinced we need to change our topic of discussion. You know that old steriotype about conversations that revolve around the weather? Yaaa... So, we need a good segue, or failing that, a random one.
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 11:20 pm

Ok, so the first thing I saw when I looked at your post was:

Quote :

@ snowbank: Lol.

and for some reason I just started laughing outrageously.

But yes. Changing the subject from the weather. Hmm... -thinks-
I'm failing to come up with anything. Randomness - Page 33 890263

You know, usually when I'm in this situation, and conversation dies, I default to blabing about the guy I like. [In this case, Chris] but... I have nothing to say. -headdesk- Whats the point of having an annoying, default, back-up topic if you have nothing to say about said annoying, default, back-up topic? Ugh.

Ughhhhh, I say.

I can't think of anything. Tag, you're it.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 11:36 pm

Gah! No tagbacks! Sorry this post here ahs been a little delayed (my average for tonight has been 8-9 minutes), but my mom just called to check on how I was doing (edit: she called again just now), and using those fancy rhetoric skills that Debate and Philosphy class has taught me, I was able to deter specific questions about my finals, questions such as: "what grade do you think you'll get?"

Anyways, I need a new subject. I suppose I'll just do this stream of conciousness style and see if we can resurect anything from there. So, everything from here on out will pretty much be the first thing that pops into my head, the only time allowed for editing being that in which my fingers cannot keep up with head. I'm counting this as my boy scout "good turn daily" by the way, keeping Amanda from losing her Sanity to boredom.

Let's see, well, as I can't think of anything else to talk about, I just re-read the backround story for what I consider to be my best/favorite DnD charecter ever. Ahhh, the nostalgia. I'm baised, but I honesty do think that's a great piece of work (now that i've said that, there's now way I'm going to expose myself by posting a link to said piece of literature, although I think the old thread did have a link in my roleplaying thread before it got carpet bombed into submission Randomness - Page 33 370571 )

Oh, that reminds me, in my tabletop gaming club last week, we played an awesome game called "Arkham Horror." It's one of those really expensive board games ($60.00!) with a 20-page rulebook that only I would want to read (seriously, I get in there and the club leader, who was planning on teaching us the game, admitted he'd only been skimming the rules. Naturally, i asked to borrow the second set of rules; after ten minutes, Dan gave up, thanked me for sparing him from his fate, and let me teach everyone the game. Sweet).

It's set in the town of Arkham, made famous by Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulu and other such works (DnD related, more or less Randomness - Page 33 313426 ). I can't really explain the game mechanics to you without the game board in front of me and about half an hour of time, but take my word that it's a great game. In a nutshell: Extraplanar portals open, spewing forth monsters into arkham. Heroes from all walks of life grab weapons (knives, guns, whiskey, motorcycles, magic swords, spells, skills, etc) and attempt to seal the portals and/or defeat the elder god that is being brought forth to earth (failure indicated the world is doomed; congratulations, your failure = hell on earth).

So that was fun, but still not much of a topic change, as this'll die out in about two or three posts depending on how we stretch it. Let's try this (*crosses fingers*): Did you hear about that guy who tried to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder?
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 11:49 pm

Keeping me from losing my sanity is most certainly a good deed. I am very much in need of my sanity, or at least what little of it I have left.

Cripes! A 20-page rulebook? Jeez. You would read through it all, Ryan. You know, you may just be a bit too nerdy. I don't know if I can talk to you anymore. It might ruin my rep. haha. [kidding, obviously.] It must be a relatively complicated game if it has that long of a rulebook. It does sound interesting though.

I heard breifly about the thing with Obama's senate seat. I don't know too much about it. I haven't been keeping up with my current events as much as I should. Shame on me.

Though speaking of current events... did you hear about the Iraqi reporter who threw his shoes at Bush? If you haven't watched the video yet you should go youtube it. Bush has some pretty epic reflexes.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty16/12/08, 11:56 pm

Wow, really? That sounds like it'd be something hillarous to watch on Youtube, but aweful to see in person. I shall have to check that out sometime in the future here when I am truely, utterly bored.

Ya, twenty pages, I think the actualy number was 22, but I can't be sure. I didn't ge tto read the thing throug completely, because after an hour and a half the other guys were really biting at the bit to start playing (and I can't blame them. In my defense, the rules were kind of organized out of order, and I only started reading them about half an hour into the meeting).

In another random topic: uhh...dragons? In all seriousness, I'm running out of randomness to discuss, even the non-random randomness. I suppose considering that I'm not normally this "talkative" it's only bound to happen at some point, but I've run out of subject material.

If I'm thinking really hard, I can come up with a few senseless things (like the fact that I just realized today that my flip calender was 24 days behind schedule) but nothing that can spur a conversation for any longer than half a post. I'll keep thinking I guess.
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:04 am

Ok, I guess it's my turn then. C'mon brain, work.

Ohhh... So my friend Brittany has a list of quotes on her Facebook page. Just funny, random shit some of her friends have said... and I have a few quotes up there. They're fucking funny. I haven't looked at them in quite some time. I think she slimmed the list down a bit from the last time I looked at it though.

"Ok that was a lie. I just said it to make a point." --Amanda

"Who the hell would eat a french-fry sandwich?" --Amanda

"I'll give her my kidney if Johnny gives me a kiss." --Amanda

"Damnit...nobody is selling any slaves on ebay. i wanted to find somebody to make my damn cookies." --Amanda

"hugs dont help when i'm DEAD" --Amanda

"...your message
could not be recorded for the following reasons: 1.] you did not wait
for the beep, and 2.] this phone line cannot pick up douche
frequencies..." --Amanda

Hurrhurrhurr. Ok, they're all probably only funny to me... because I know what was going on. Well... for most of them, at least. I have no clue what was going on with the "hugs don't help when I'm DEAD" one.

And there were a few that had to be... omitted. Heh. ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:07 am

Quote :
"Damnit...nobody is selling any slaves on ebay. i wanted to find somebody to make my damn cookies." --Amanda

OH LOL. That was that one time when I came over to your house, and brought cookies. I was up really late the night before making them. hahaha. I was talking to Brittany, and I actually went to Ebay and looked up slaves. I was so goddamn tired.
Back to top Go down
freedomsdreams
Veteran
Veteran
freedomsdreams

Number of posts : 148
Level of Amanda-ness : 1
Level of Faggotry : 74
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:09 am

i passes my $100 written exam for my private pilot license Happy
Sadly i got the lowest score you could Oops
I studied a lot too, even took practice exams and i did good on those Perplexed

but when they can choose for over hundreds of questions and they only ask you 60, i guess it just wasn't my luck
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:16 am

Lol. I'm surprised there really was nobody trying to do something like thatm or at least a parady of it on Ebay. People sell some really weird, and sometimes downright illegal, stuff on ebay.

Most of my random/funny quotes either take place here or are DnD related, so they aren't much use. All of my serious stuff is going to be eaten up by the "Waxing Philosophical Thread," and there are some things are just meant to be private content dammit (your corruption shall never reach my innermost sanctum! *shakes fist at world at large...and at Justin in particular*)

*just now sees Freedomdream's post*

Congratulations! I had enough trouble passing my drivers test, so exellent job on that pilot's licence. Remember: The lowest score you can get is still passing; it means they think you're competant.
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 01:08 am

Soooo~

I got this new outfit today... it's really cute. I like it. A lot. And now I am faced with a dilemma: do I wear it to class Thursday, the Main_Frame meeting on Friday, or the publication party on Sunday. Gahh. D:<

I'm obviously going to save it for the publication party, but it makes me sad because I want to wear it sooner than that. -cuddles it-

It's purple. lol. Wtf purple. Not usually my choice color, but it looks nice.
Er, well... the whole thing isn't purple. Just the shirt. haha.

Yeah. Psha~
Shitty topic change is shitty.

Last edited by Amanderson on 17/12/08, 01:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 01:13 am

As for dresses, well...lol, I can't help you there. I don't believe I've ever worn a dress, exept for when I was too young to resist/remember *glares at parents.* That, and I have absolutely no fashion sense. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Ask anyone, they'll tell you.

And I'm outta discussion topics again *sigh.* Only three more days, then I'm free of this school for over a month. I'm going to be so happy Randomness - Page 33 667520
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 01:17 am

Oh no no nooooo, it's not a dress. God no. Ryan, really now... can you envision me in a dress? I sure as hell can't. That would be hideous.

Its just a new pair of jeans and a dressyish sweater. It's cute. Me gusta mucho.

Yeah, I'm excited for the quarter to be over. I just have school Thursday and I'm done. Whooo~
The only sad thing is that I won't have Chris's class anymore. -sighs-
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 01:20 am

*rereads* Oh wow, I'm losing it. It is time for bed. Yes, I think it is most definately time for bed. Somehow the words "New outfit" and "class" managed to comine as "dress." Don't ask me how, but I know that that's how I know that it's time for bed. Besides, I is thinking we has reached the maximum length this conversation can go on for without becoming completely pointless. In way of appology, have a lolcat:

Randomness - Page 33 Lolcat_happy_thanks
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 01:25 am

Hahahaa. Go get some sleep.
I'll talk to you later.
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
Marshall

Number of posts : 1720
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 07:58 am

Randomness - Page 33 Chara_10 = Randomness - Page 33 Masque10

Spoiler: ALICE IS MASQUERADE!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:28 pm

I'm going to look at wedding dresses today. Randomness - Page 33 687543
Back to top Go down
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:42 pm

Ripped from the headlines:
"Obama to Name Salazar As Secretary of Interior"

lol. -shotdeadforwantingtomakeaharrypotterjoke-
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
Marshall

Number of posts : 1720
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 12:52 pm

@ Amanda: Why did you call me?
I was probably asleep when you did, and now I am simply curious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Reprimanded Mandrake
Administrator
Administrator
Reprimanded Mandrake

PostSubject: Re: Randomness   Randomness - Page 33 Empty17/12/08, 02:47 pm