HomeFAQMemberlistSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Elminster

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2830
Age : 28
Location : in an alternate dimension
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Elminster   08/08/08, 11:27 pm

You have all been summoned to the chambers of
the mighty archmage Elminster. You have all been given a magical orb
with your message that will instantly transport you to his tower in
cormanthor. (which is a large forest) If one of the most powerful mages
in all of the realms has summoned you it must be pretty damn important!

You
all transport into his tower using the orb and you are in a large
circular room (similar to this picture cept those curtains are doors
and the other doors are meerely molding)


To the far side of the room you see some large red doors and on themn you see a massive padlock and it appears to be locked.

After noticing this the orbs you once held fade into nothingness...

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://geeksocial.forumotion.com
Ryan
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   09/08/08, 12:05 am

Daelgoth sighs heartily and looks around. It takes him little time to realize what's happened, and he mutters under his breath

Elminster better have good reason to disrupt me...but then again, the fact that he needs me always precludes trouble.

The lighting in the room is entirely too cheerful for Daelgoth's tastes; he's grown accustomed to living in a realm of constant night. With a wave of his hand, the shadows in the room grow to cover the rest of the room in such a way that the light dims appropriately.

Much better. I don't know, or honestly care much, about the rest of you, but I'm going to see my old acquaintance. My time is precious, so let's not waste it by standing around gawking. Come on, I won't bite...while you're under the protection of Elminster's summons at least, after that you're all fair game.

Daelgoth walks across the room to the door, hoping that Elminster is in a serious enough mood that he hasn't arranged for his usual introductary tricks and games.
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 1720
Age : 28
Location : Nowhere.
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   10/08/08, 12:11 am

Edward slowly opens his eyes. This was a very strange occasion. He had been severely close to being caught by The White Fang's deadliest assassins. They had used to be his friends, but were under her orders now. That was an issue, at the moment, but, his current surroundings were more, intellectually drawing than the previous matter. He began to scan the room, casually taking everything in. Slowly, he sheaths Banryu across his shoulders.

E-Eliminster? I can't believe he'd want me for anything. I had better see what this is about. At least, for now, he's saved me from The White Fang.

His eyes focus upon this stranger who has selfishly dimmed the lights in this room. Ed is amazed at the power this man seems to hold. Nervously, he walks in the same direction as Daelgoth, as he seems to know exactly where he is going. Despite that, he walks slower than normal, cautious of this man who has threatened him.

You certainly are a bold one, stranger. I doubt such arrogance would not be backed by matching power, but I would not instantaneously submit others as your inferior. My name is Ed. I cannot say it is yet a pleasure to meet you, sir, but, I have nothing against you.

Ed offers out a hand to the stranger infront of him, as a sign of respect, and a sign of greetings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   16/08/08, 09:10 pm

ZzZzZzZzZzZzzz....

Eliyahu, still asleep from the drift to Vick's Ile, lays dormant on the floor. The previous night for him was quite a lot of work: Rowing for about 2 hours to shore after being thrown out of a so called "friendly pirate's" ship, stealing some bread and rum, and highjacking his small boat back which he had earlier lost thanks to a night at an over popular pirate-gambling bar by the name of The Bronze Guantlet.

*grumble*.... wha... what the devil s'goin on eere eh? *yawns* Where the 'ell am I?

He quickly sits up and runs after Ed as quickly as possible since by now they were already half across the room. Knowning Ed from an episode about three years ago in the bay of Ferrik, close to the kingdom of Freliea. Ed had been just setting sail out of the bay to get away from The White Fang. Eliyahu leaped on the boat from a nearby low cliff and negotiated with Ed and the crew he was with to let him stay. After a series of ideas and bets, they allowed him to stay. As Ed was on an assassignation mission to destroy an important key the The White Fang's clan, he couldn't help Eliyahu much but allowed him to tag along. After helping Ed out and both of them covering eachothers asses several times in the heat of battle, they became close friends.

Fancy meetin' you eere. Ow ya been pally?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2830
Age : 28
Location : in an alternate dimension
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   19/08/08, 01:07 am

Suddenly from the fire place on the far side of the room Flames errupt from it and a figure appears out of the fire. A man appears out of the fire looking like this:


he then begins to wipe soot off of his clothing and coughs.

he then corrects his posture and speaks.

Welcome to my tower adventurers. Now lets get to business.

he then raises his hands and claps three times. A door suddenly appears to the left of the fire place and walks into the next room...

_________________


Last edited by Justin on 24/08/08, 08:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://geeksocial.forumotion.com
Kevin
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 28
Location : the house on the corner with the fence
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : 83
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   19/08/08, 02:47 pm

after being rudely awaken butters the slowly gets up and follows him into the next room
Back to top Go down
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   20/08/08, 04:31 pm

Eliyahu, confused and still half asleep walks into the next room perplexed. He yells to Ed from over his shoulder.

Ya comin' Ed?

He waits by the door for his good friend.


Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   20/08/08, 08:24 pm

Daelgoth toys with the idea of simply removing his cloak and placing it into "ed's" open hand. As pleasent as that would be, Daelgoth refrains from doing so, reminding himself that he puts up with Elminster and his compatriots on the hope that they'll track down some specific worshipers of Shade. Of course, someone like Ed probably won't be much help in tracking down Daelgoth's enemies, but should they ever be found, he'll need distractions and sacrifical lambs to get the job done, otherwise refered to as "allies."

So, with some reluctance, Daelgoth offers his hand to Ed and shakes it with more vigor than is really necessary. Ed may be surprised that Daelgoth's hand, although decrepit after long years of undeath, is yet nimble; instead of the stiff, cold hand of a corpse, Daelgoth's radiates heat, as though some semblance of life-blood still ran through his fingers. The effect is illusory, as Daelgoth is as blood-deprived as any age-old corpse, but the fire of his genasi past still burns within him.

He is glad to be done with the friendly business, and turns away from his study of the door and its lock only as Elminster, or at least a man that looks like Elminster, pops into the room with Elminsteresque style and leads them into the next room. To spare his legs the walk, Daelgoth dissolves into a trail of wispy smoke and glides through the door's hinges into the room beyond.


So, for a tally of the others, i'm working with an overly-polite rookie...an (as always) arrogant and annoying pirate...and another so sickly and pale of frame that he can barely manage the strength to awaken and crawl into the next room. The only conciliatory thing about this is that if things don't work out, I won't have far to go for my next meal.
Back to top Go down
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   20/08/08, 10:24 pm

Eliyahu glares at Daelgoth in anger and frustration.



I take a lot of insults... an' I see that I'll
be havin' to work with another overly sized egod adventurer again. I
despise these missions, oh well... It'd be better startin' off as
allies rather than enemies. Cap'n Eliyahu is the name, an I 'av 'eard
of yours Daelgoth. A group of pirates I worked with talked about ya a
couple times in a bar. Said you'd be one of the most powerful humans
they'd seen. Anyway... I maybe be lazy but I be the farthest thing from
arrogant there be.

He holds out a hand in a friendly gesture first pirate saluting and then as a greeting to shake Daelgoth's hand.

I hope we haven't gotten off on the wrong peg
leg yet. There is still time for us to stay as team mates for I'd be
needin' all the help I can get.

Eliyahu smirks
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   21/08/08, 12:29 am

((sorry for the misunderstanding Captain Eliyahu, but when I put my charecter chat in italics, they portray my charecter's thoughts. Plan text, like this, is used to portray speech. It doesn't matter much this time, and its an easy adjustment, but just for the future keep it in mind; this does provide for more chance for charecter dialogue at any rate. Incidentally, this is my first evil charecter that I've ever really tried out, so I have no way of knowing how I'm doing, so forgive me my flaws please.))

Having finished wisping through the doorway, the misty form of Daelgoth rises from the floor and solidifies into his more recognisable, solid shape.

Damn, I didn't say that out loud did I? Just great, absolutely great...and now I have to waste my time talking to you again. Ugh. Ok, let's try this from ground zero then, shall we.

Daelgoth straightens up and adjusts his cloak in an attempt at formality. He smiles, which achieves the desired effect of prominently displaying his fangs. He then leans forward and takes the proffered hand in both of his and shakes it heartily. He begins sarcastically:

I am utterly pleased to make your aquantance Cap'n, I am Daelgoth Orndeir, the fallen Morninglord of Amaunter, whom the idiots still refer to as Lathander. Now that we've met, it is my solemn duty to inform you that if you ever make the mistake of calling me a human again, I'll rip your arms off and feed them to you before sucking your blood dry, condemning you to an eternity without the use of your precious arms. Not that I particularily mind being called a human, but everyone makes mistakes, and quite frankly, I don't like them made under my watch; it could get me killed. Again.

Daelgoth straightens again, and becomes more casual, and his voice loses its harsh sarcasm. He waits a heartbeat...well, the length a heartbeat would take if his still worked, for his message to sink in.

And now that we've established the ground rules, lets not quarrel over such trivial matters. I do things my way, and you yours, but for now, as you say, lets try to get along. Quite possibly, you need an ally, and I at least don't need another enemy, so shall we call it square at that?

The offer is sincere, if rough, and probably the most compromise that Daelgoth is likely to give, unless convinced otherwise by achievement.
Back to top Go down
Kevin
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 97
Age : 28
Location : the house on the corner with the fence
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : 83
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   22/08/08, 01:42 pm

butters slowly awakens and asks elminister the following

So Elminister... what kind of treasures this mission got for one of my style?
Back to top Go down
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   22/08/08, 02:20 pm

(Ok, lol I was wondering why that was in italics. Oh by the way, Ryan I'm Elliott from school incase you didn't know. You know, Jew? Anyway... I'll keep the Ital.s in mind from now on, sorry. And also for this being your first evil character your doing an amazing job, no lie.)

Eliyahu looks at his hand in disgust as soot and grim in now covering it.

Well... Alrighty then...

Eliyahu waits for Ed a few paces by the door that appeared

Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 1720
Age : 28
Location : Nowhere.
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   24/08/08, 07:00 pm

Pausing, Ed looked to Eliyahu, and a warm smile spread across his face. At least there was a familiar face somewhere in the group.

It's been quite awhile, Eliyahu. Far too long if you ask me, haha. I've been, decent. Evading the nimble blade of The Fang, as always.

How about you?


He noted the new arrival. Eliminster himself. Saying nothing, only nodding politely, he followed Eliminster into the room, keeping pace with his old friend. He stops inside the room, and waits for the man who summoned them to declare what his intention was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2830
Age : 28
Location : in an alternate dimension
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   24/08/08, 08:26 pm

((the room you entered into looks like this picture:


similar to this room however it is completely adorned with magical items and scrolls of the sorts, this appears to be Elminster primary residence aka his room))

Please come in and make your selfs at home however i warn you do NOT touch anything at risk of your own life or in our whispy friends case un-life.

Elminster sits at his desk and then begins to speak again:

Oh excuse me for being rude but i have forgotten soemthing important to the mission i have for you.

I will be right back with them.

And with that Elminster vanishes once again in a puff of smoke and you are left in his quarters.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://geeksocial.forumotion.com
Ryan
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   24/08/08, 11:32 pm

And of course, there he goes again.

Daelgoth folds his hands carefully behind his back and exhales quietly.

Probably did this on purpose, that senile old man. "...do not touch anything," he says...even the most green idiot preachers of "Lathander" know that the best way to ensure someone does something is to tell them not to do it; always tell them what to do, not the opposite. Either he's as foolish as he lets on or this is just another test.

Daelgoth's gaze wanders aimlessly around the room as he casually moniters the auras of the magical items in the room. There are altogether too many things from which Daelgoth cannot sense magic. Daelgoth suspects that Elminster's placed glammers on them. Damn.

He shifts weight from side to side and looks sidelong at the others.

Tell me, how is it that it is so damn hard to wait a few minutes?

At least they can say they have a lifespan that's numbered in years, what's my excuse?

Daelgoth stops his train of thought cold in its tracks, and redirects his anxiety back into hateful thoughts of Elminster, thoughts which are broken only by speech from the others.
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 1720
Age : 28
Location : Nowhere.
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   25/08/08, 11:43 am

As Eliminster disappears, he sighs quietly, and rubs his temple quietly with two fingers. Waiting was not his strong point, nor was not touching things that were not to be touched. But, he knew that he risk a rather awkward and painful existence if he touched anything in the entire damn room. He dare not even sit down.

Well, that was anti-climactic.

He looked to Daelgoth.

The forbidden fruit tastes better, I suppose.

He smiled weakly, which was broken by a haze. He blinked forcefully, rubbing his head quietly, as he now stare at the floor. He was not feeling all too well. No food, water, or sleep tends to drain a man of energy pretty fast. The Fang does not wait. Sure they would not know where he was, but they had been hounding him for the past two weeks, even more persistent than ever. He has not had a decent night's rest, meal, or drink since. His eyes closed quietly, fatigued.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   25/08/08, 06:49 pm

Quietly looking and admiring the gizmos and gadgets on the shelves Eliyahu looks at a pirticular shelf to the right of Eliminster's desk.

What av' we 'eere?

Eliyahu opens up his bag and pulls out a dirty looking bottle. The glass is so thick the green tint of it seems too dark to have any liquid in it at all. He takes a swig of it and then wipes his mouth with a sleeve of his buckled jacket.

Hmm...

Eliyahu spys a mirror where he can see his reflection crystal clear.
He pulls out one of his trusty daggers and begins shaving his face slowly and patiently waiting for Eliminster's return chatting with Ed while doing so.

Been decent... Can't complain. Just got the old Ripper back from the damn Thargun Raiders... You remember them don't chya? Damn near clipped me 'ead off trying to do so. But... they did spruce it up a bit. By the time I was 'bout 500 meters from the bay, finally relized the 'ol bottom of me ship was filled with about 10000 gold worth of explosives. Nifty eh? wonder how I'm supposed to land her if shes in the middle of the sea right now.... hmm... Oh well, I'll get her back. The Black Ripper always sails the next day.

Oh, did I mention that the harpoon cannon on the front works now? Don't know how they did it but its fixed. That and the side cannons so she sails and can decently battle.

He continues to shave as he chats with Ed quietly.
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 1720
Age : 28
Location : Nowhere.
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   25/08/08, 07:00 pm

Ed nods quietly.

You're still dealing with those Raiders? You sure haven't changed much.

He laughed quietly.

Well, once we deal with Eliminster's Task, I'm sure he'll send you back to your ship, if you ask him nicely. Maybe I'll have to tag along. You scratch my back, and I scratch yours, as they say. The sea is safe from The Fang, for now. Wait...Are you sailing that ship on your own? I knew you had to be crazy, hahah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   25/08/08, 07:09 pm

It ain't got any bigger my friend.

Eliyahu smirks doing the finishing touches to shaving his, or what someone of the 7th grade would call, stubble.

Yea, I basically got it outta the bay and hoped for the best. So far everythin's been tip top shape but I sure could use another hand at it.

He smiles as he finishes shaving and strolls over to where Ed is standing. He pats Ed on the back and takes out an old loaf of bread and his bottle of God knows what.

That Fang has got you down. Here, you look famished... and like you have a headache.
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 1720
Age : 28
Location : Nowhere.
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   25/08/08, 07:37 pm

He looks grimly at the bottle, perked in curiosity. Politely, he refused. A little too strong for his taste, he would safely bet.

I've brought my own supplies, but thank you.

He opens a side pocket of his bandolier, pulling out what looks like a large white cookie, and a canteen. He closes the bandolier, and takes a generous bite of his meal, followed by a swig of his canteen. He swallowed.

Elves still make the best food.


He folded up his food, and put it away. He took one more swig of his water, screwed the cap on and also put that away.

The White Fang is getting desperate. I had to rough up a few of my old friends yesterday night in Avendale, just to avoid blowing up their tavern. They're getting careless. I can't leave the Fang in her hands for much longer, or they'll only be a bunch of two-bit assassins.

He grumbled quietly, and cursed under his breath at the stress headache that throbbed dully against his hand.

But...one step at a time. Isn't it about time for our magical friend to return?

He looked around for the Sage, scanning the room, haphazardly. His eyes drooped slightly, half-lidded.
The food and drink felt warm in his stomach, and should give him some energy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2830
Age : 28
Location : in an alternate dimension
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   07/09/08, 02:10 pm

Many of the objects in elminsters study begin to glow as if calling you towards them

one in particular catches all of your eyes:


(( it is floating inside of a glass case and the chain in the picture isnt there ))

the scarab calls to all of you as if it has warped your mind to focus only on it

it becons you to touch it

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://geeksocial.forumotion.com
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   09/09/08, 08:42 pm

Slowly eyeing the scarab and walking closer to it from across the room, Eliyahu raises his hand and slowly reaches for the glass encasing of the scarab. About 5 inches away he decides to flip a coin in his hand to debate whether to touch it (since he is such a fan of luck and gambling)

Hmmm... heads I reach, tails I don't.

He flips the coin and catches it. He then slaps it on the back of his hand and lifts his palm off of it.

Heads....

He reaches for the glass casing over the scarab and touches it with his fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
avatar

Number of posts : 1720
Age : 28
Location : Nowhere.
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   09/09/08, 08:59 pm

Slowly, Ed approached the glass case, stopping a few feet back.

"Wh..Wh-What is that?....."
It called to him, and his eyes widened in fear.

"N-no!...I..can't..."
As he struggle, he became aware that he was still not alone.
Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his once pathetically-bearded friend pass him, and walk straight up to the case. Try as he might, he was not able to even lift a finger to stop him. He was far too busy worrying that he himself would not touch it. He watched the coin flip lazily though the air, deciding the Captain's, no, perhaps everyone's fate. He swallowed hard as Eliyahu reached for the scarab, and winced as he saw him make contact.

(So now you're Two Face? Haha.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 2830
Age : 28
Location : in an alternate dimension
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   10/09/08, 08:09 pm

he reaches out....slowly..

his fingers moving at what seems like an eternity and then he touches the solid gold of the scarab.

the scarab suddenly bursts into flames and then it begins to grow to a large size...

the case case it was once small enough to fill explodes in a fiery glory!

the scarab then hisses something and shortly after you hear the ear rattling shreak you notice that many runes appear on the walls floors and the ceiling. everything inside of the room begins to write itself with these bizarre runes.

and then suddenly you hear the scarab say:

"YOU PATHETHIC MORTALS SHALL PERISH TO KAMI'KAR'RESH AND THEN YOU SHALL BURN IN THE ETERNAL SANDS OF KAR'RESH!"

then the scarab bursts into fire and gold ashes begin to pour onto the floor

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://geeksocial.forumotion.com
Captain Eliyahu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Number of posts : 148
Age : 27
Level of Amanda-ness : 0
Level of Faggotry : -24
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Elminster   10/09/08, 08:45 pm

Eliyahu looks at his lucky coin in his palm

Damnit.... Sorry?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Elminster   

Back to top Go down
 
Elminster
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geek Social :: Roleplaying :: Fantasy Roleplaying-
Jump to: