Geek Social
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A survey of interest

Go down 
+2
Justin
Ryan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

Number of posts : 833
Level of Amanda-ness : 10
Level of Faggotry : 400
Registration date : 2008-03-19

A survey of interest Empty
PostSubject: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty03/06/09, 12:31 pm

Alright, I'm going to throw this out there as a hypothetical, because I don't know how well it could actually work. A few people, most recent in my memory is Justin, have suggested casually that perhaps we could try an actual game of Dungeons and Dragons with actual charecter sheets over the forums.

Furthermore, there has been a rather louder call for someone to run an old 3.5 campain. Given the infrequency with which we play DnD to begin with, it seems unlikely that an organized event such as this could be done in near future (prove me wrong, I dare you! No, really, prove me wrong, I'd love to play in a 3.5 game =p).

As such, if I were to start a 3.5 Play-by-Post Dungeons and Dragon game here on the forums, who would be interested, and how serious would you be about it (i.e., a range from "this could be fun, let's give it a try and drop it when it's dull" to "All the way to bitter end! WOOOOO!"). I figure that since 3.5 offers good potential for solo charecters, if a few people dropped interest, we could press forward with little modification.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

Number of posts : 2830
Level of Amanda-ness : 6
Level of Faggotry : 1279
Registration date : 2008-03-03

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty03/06/09, 12:35 pm

well to be honest it would be difficult to operate standard dungeons and dragons on the forums...

we may need to craft some basic rules for attacking and stuff

we do have dice rolling on the forums so...

plus i have about 20 races in the race selector and i can add more if anyone wants more stuff to imput

again i dont know how a 3.5 style play by post would work on these forums...
Back to top Go down
https://geeksocial.rpg-board.net
Xander
The Linux Kernal
The Linux Kernal
Xander

Number of posts : 1410
Level of Amanda-ness : 2
Level of Faggotry : 918
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty03/06/09, 12:35 pm

If it involves 3.X, then I'd rather stab myself in the foot. Not to be a downer or anything, but I really don't wanna go back to 3.X
ADnD's fine, hey maybe we could even do an original DnD campaign, but I'm not interested in doing 3.X at all in any format.

Not to mention I do not see a forum based DnD format working at all.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty03/06/09, 12:42 pm

Kitty! wrote:
If it involves 3.X, then I'd rather stab myself in the foot. Not to be a downer or anything, but I really don't wanna go back to 3.X
ADnD's fine, hey maybe we could even do an original DnD campaign, but I'm not interested in doing 3.X at all in any format.

Not to mention I do not see a forum based DnD format working at all.

Well, I for one would be willing to try a 2.0 campain, but not DM one. The only 2.0 campain I have is Council of Wyrms, and I'm not sure how much of a player base we have in this group for that campain anymore. Someone would have to get me a rulebook or three first though.

EDIT: I'd also open it up to 4.0, but speaking as one who has actually played 4.0 in a play-by-post format, it's really not nearly as fun as 4.0 at the game table, because even our group takes turns faster than once around the table a week.

Ssmile
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty03/06/09, 12:46 pm

true

well honestly roleplaying and dice rolling is about all we can do...

not much for abilitys...

if someone wanted to play a spell caster we would need to come up with rules for thier shinanigans
Back to top Go down
Ben
Insane
Insane
Ben

Number of posts : 1162
Level of Amanda-ness : 1
Level of Faggotry : 710
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty03/06/09, 04:59 pm

I would like to do a 3.X game in person sooner or later, I misses mah truenamer... :(
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty01/10/09, 01:11 pm

once we get dice made itll be easier...
Back to top Go down
Marshall
Insane
Insane
Marshall

Number of posts : 1720
Level of Amanda-ness : -29
Level of Faggotry : 667

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty01/10/09, 07:50 pm

I would like to stat that online gaming for games that were not made to be online is a horrible idea.

Let's just get together and play some fucking DND.
Back to top Go down
http://www.4chan.org
Xander
The Linux Kernal
The Linux Kernal
Xander

Number of posts : 1410
Level of Amanda-ness : 2
Level of Faggotry : 918
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty01/10/09, 10:51 pm

Second.

DnD playing should happen.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty04/10/09, 07:28 pm

If we're going to play DnD in person, then let's do ourselves a favor and actually play some damn DnD. Seriously. I don't mind screwing around on youtube, starcraft, WCIII, Soulstorm, Civ 4, MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh, ToS, Rockband, Guitar Hero, or even WoW, but let's not decide to have a DnD day and never get around to it because we all brought our laptops along.

Sorry. Rant done. But seriously, I like DnD and the random stuff we do about the same at this point; I'd just like to know what to expect (those DnD books are friggin' heavy, and if we're not gonna use em, I'd rather not bring them A survey of interest 667520 )
Back to top Go down
Ben
Insane
Insane
Ben

Number of posts : 1162
Level of Amanda-ness : 1
Level of Faggotry : 710
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty04/10/09, 10:40 pm

*Has his Dnd books (the ones I use, I'm fine with the orginal PHB) on his laptop, extremely light weight* And yes, that would be nice, and you guys can even turn off the router / wireless thing that brings me happiness just so you know I'm not on the interwebz*
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty09/02/10, 12:10 pm

and roleplaying is dead...
Back to top Go down
Hard Gay
Troll
Troll
Hard Gay

Number of posts : 261
Level of Amanda-ness : 3
Level of Faggotry : 208
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty09/02/10, 02:49 pm

Justin wrote:
and roleplaying is dead...
Second

Kill it with fire!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Insane
Insane
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty20/02/10, 11:37 pm

Quite dead, sadly. Thread necromancy?
Back to top Go down
Justin
Administrator
Administrator
Justin

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty08/06/10, 11:06 am

i dont mind bringing this shit back...

i rather enjoyed it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A survey of interest   A survey of interest Empty

Back to top Go down

A survey of interest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geek Social :: Roleplaying :: Fantasy Roleplaying-